If you inadvertently write a non-sufficient funds (NSF) check, the Credit Union may, at our discretion, cover overdrafts up to your Courtesy Pay (First Pay) limit. This privilege may be available as long as you maintain your account in good standing (defined as making regular deposits and bringing your account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days).
Courtesy Pay is not intended to be a substitute for automatic transfers from Shares. If you have this feature on your Checking account, it will be accessed first ($3.00 fee per each overdraft transfer). Courtesy Pay serves as your second level of defense. If Courtesy Pay is used, your account will be charged our standard $30 fee for each transaction. However, Courtesy Pay will save you the embarrassment and inconvenience of a returned check, as well as any additional fees charged by merchants.
- Courtesy Pay limit may also be available for ATM and Point-of-Sale (POS) transactions*
- No additional costs associated with this privilege
- No interest charged on overdraft balances
- If you have multiple checking accounts, Courtesy Pay may be available on each account
- Non-sufficient funds (NSF) check(s) above your limit will be returned to the payee and a $30 NSF fee per check will be charged to your account
- You will be notified by letter if you’ve been overdrawn for 20 and 30 days
- Contact any First Heritage location to determine your assigned Courtesy Pay limit
Reliance on Courtesy Pay for other than occasional or inadvertent overdrafts is not recommended.
*Member must give affirmative consent or opt-in