How do I get a Debit Card?
You can get your debit card by calling 1-888-936-8402 or stop by one of our select locations to receive your card instantly.
What is a Debit Card?
Our Debit Card is a fast and easy way to pay for everyday purchases. It offers the convenience of plastic versus carrying a bulky checkbook or a lot of cash. Whether you're running errands, buying groceries, shopping for clothes or dining out, you don't have the hassle of writing a check and presenting I.D. You can use the card anywhere VISA® is accepted.
It's an ATM Card, too.
Your First Heritage Debit Card will give you access to the same ATM services you have grown to rely on. Withdraw cash, transfer balances, make inquiries and point-of-sale purchases.
When given a choice, always select "credit".
When using your Debit Card in a grocery store, or anywhere you will be required to swipe the card yourself, you will be given various choices (ATM, debit, credit, etc.) to select. This does not mean the purchase will be processed as a credit transaction, but it ensures that the Debit Card will be processed like a check instead of an ATM card.
Lost or stolen Debit Card
Report your card lost or stolen by calling JHA Hot Card Center™ at 1-888-297-3416 (within U.S) or 206-389-5200 (outside U.S.).
Instant Issue Service
The instant issue debit and credit card service offers First Heritage Federal Credit Union members the purchasing power of VISA right away. Cards are printed on demand at our offices located in Painted Post, Elmira Heights, Horseheads, Southport, Addison, Hornell, Mansfield or Wellsboro. For more information call toll free 800-833-3338.
Activate your new Debit Card
Activate your new card by calling JHA Card Activation & PIN Management at 1-800-290-7893 (within U.S.) or 206-624-7998 (outside U.S.).
Debit Card Fraud:
- Keep contact information on file with First Heritage FCU current.
- We offer 24/7 fraud protection monitoring service. Our fraud monitoring service will contact you on our behalf.
- Fraud Prevention Service - When potential fraud is detected, you will receive a text alert from 96923 immediately after the alert is triggered. You will have the option to respond Yes if the transaction is valid or No if the transaction is not valid. A No response will immediately block the card. Five minutes after the initial text message an email is generated to the address on file with the credit union.
If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive an automatic phone call to confirm or deny fraud. Automated phone calls will only take place during the hours of 8 AM - 9 PM. Remember - our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number
- Notify us if traveling- If you are traveling and plan to use your VISA Credit card, remember to let us know so you can be assured that your card services won't be disrupted while you're away.
- Regularly monitor activity on all accounts.
- Notify us if card/PIN number is lost or stolen.
- Make an attempt to contact a merchant directly to resolve an issue.
- Contact us to file a dispute if unable to resolve directly with the merchant.